INDEPENDENCE, Ohio, November 4 — On October 31, 2022, contract ratification ballots, instructions, and a synopsis of the agreement were mailed to approximately 24,000 members of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen for voting on the tentative national agreement. Voting will conclude on Sunday, November 20, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Eligible members who have not received a contract ratification ballot by Wednesday, November 9, should request a replacement by calling the BLET National Division at (216) 241-2630, ext. 222. When connected with the extension, please leave the following information:
- your name, address and phone number;
- the division to which you belong;
- the railroad for which you work;
- the date you were promoted to locomotive engineer;
- your date of birth;
- the last four digits of your Social Security number; and
- your email address.
All contract ratification replacement ballots will be distributed via email. Therefore, members who do not leave a voicemail with their email address will not receive a contract ratification replacement ballot.
Members should remember that the contract ratification ballot replacement process is different than the Election of Officers ballot replacement process.
To download a copy of the tentative national agreement and the agreed upon Question & Answer document, please go to the BLET website and click on the “Members” link at the top:
A password is required to login. Members may have to complete a brief registration process in order to establish an account.
Additional information regarding the current round of national contract negotiations is available in the public area of the BLET website:
Locomotive engineer members working for the following railroads are eligible to participate in the ratification process:
- Belt Railway Company of Chicago;
- BNSF Railway Company;
- Cedar River Railroad Company d.b.a. Canadian National
- Consolidated Rail Corporation;
- CSX Transportation, Inc.;
- Delaware & Hudson Railroad Company d.b.a Canadian Pacific;
- Grand Trunk Western Railroad Company d.b.a. Canadian National;
- Illinois Central Railroad Company and Chicago, Central & Pacific Railroad Company d.b.a. Canadian National;
- Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Company;
- Kansas City Southern Railway Company, including the following subsidiaries: Kansas City Southern Railway Company, including the following subsidiaries: Kansas City Southern Railway; Louisiana and Arkansas Railway; MidSouth Rail Corporation; Gateway Western Railway; SouthRail Corporation; and Texas Mexican Railway Company (locomotive engineers and train service employees);
- Longview Switching Company;
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company;
- Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (Metra);
- Portland Terminal Railroad Company;
- Soo Line Railroad Company;
- Union Railroad Company;
- Union Pacific Railroad Company;
- Winston Salem Southbound Railway Company; and
- Wisconsin Central d.b.a. Canadian National.