The BLET has reached a tentative contract agreement for more than 1,400 locomotive engineers who operate Amtrak’s passenger and commuter trains over its 21,000-mile, 46-state route system.The seven-year tentative agreement includes full retroactive payments dating to July 1, 2022, and if ratified, will run through 2028. Highlights of the deal include:
- 30% general wage increase (34.12% compounded);
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave;
- a significant increase in away-from-home expenses;
- improvement to bereavement leave, transitioning from 3 calendar days to 3 working days;
- addition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a paid holiday
- double current certification allowance.
TrueBallot, Inc., will conduct the balloting process. Ballots will be mailed on November 15, and will be counted on December 6, 2023 with results announced later that day.